"TOKYO UPDATES" (hereinafter, "this Website"), an information dissemination website run by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, collects user information (hereinafter, "Personal Information"), as detailed below, from its users to the extent required to quickly provide users with information relevant to them. In collecting, using, and handling Personal Information, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government takes proper measures as described below, based on the "Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance on the Protection of Personal Information (Ordinance No. 113, December 21, 2020)" (hereinafter, "the Ordinance") as well as any other relevant laws and regulations and endeavors to provide a website that everyone can use to gather information on Tokyo with peace of mind.
3. Collection of Personal InformationAs a general rule, the collection of Personal Information is carried out through voluntary provision (registration) of the information by users. The Tokyo Metropolitan Government collects Personal Information for the following purposes.
1） For assessing user activity on this Website
2） For sending newsletters containing the latest information about Tokyo and more to users
3） To display the best features of this Website and other websites to users
4） To inform users about exclusive websites that can only be accessed by them through the newsletters mentioned in 2) above
5） To make Tokyo and this Website more user-friendly for everyone and for the planning, execution, and maintenance of this Website that helps us communicate information that is more relevant to users
6） For submitting and reporting to courts of law, government agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public agencies, when it is required by the related laws and regulations or when it is necessary to cooperate with them on such matters.
8） For other purposes that the user is notified on prior to the collection of Personal Information
4. Restrictions on the Use of Personal InformationThe Personal Information collected on this Website will be used within the scope of the purpose of collection as have been clearly indicated above. As a general rule, Personal Information will never be used by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government nor the Website for purposes beyond the scope of the purpose of collection and will never be provided to individuals (Governor of Tokyo, Administration Committee, Municipal Utility Administrator and Fire Commissioner, and all other chief officers stipulated in the regulations of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government. The same applies below) other than the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Website. However, statistically processed data such as user attributes may be made publicly available, provided that it does not contain any personally identifying information.
5. Management of Personal InformationThe Tokyo Metropolitan Government will handle all collected Personal Information securely and carefully, taking appropriate measures to prevent any unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, and more. In the event that the operation of this Website is entrusted to a third party, the third party will likewise adopt the appropriate precautions.
6. Non-personally Identifying InformationThis Website automatically collects user information such as the Internet domain name, IP address, browser environment, and more, as well as uses this information to the extent necessary for improving user experience on the website. However, statistically processed access-related data may be made publicly available.
8. Disclosure of Personal InformationIn the event that a user requests, under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws and regulations, this Website to disclose Personal Information, we will do so upon verifying that the request was made by the user in question. (We will inform the user accordingly if the requested Personal Information does not exist.) However, this does not apply in cases where this Website is not obligated to disclose the information under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws and regulations. Please note that a handling fee of 1,000 Yen (tax included) per request may be charged for the disclosure of Personal Information.
9. Amendment and Suspension of Use of Personal Information(1) In the event that a user requests, under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations, this Website to amend their Personal Information on the grounds that the information is not factually accurate, or if the user requests this Website to suspend the use of their Personal Information on the grounds that the information is being used beyond the scope of the purpose of use indicated in advance or that the information has been collected through unlawful means, we will carry out the necessary investigation upon verifying that the request was made by the user in question and amend or suspend the use of the Personal Information based on the findings of our investigation, and notify the user of such actions accordingly.
(2) In the event that a user requests this Website to delete their Personal Information, we will delete the Personal Information upon verifying that the request was made by the user in question only in cases where this Website has deemed it necessary to comply with the user's request, and we will notify the user of such actions accordingly.
(3) However, the provisions of (1) and (2) above shall not apply in cases where this Website is not obligated to amend, suspend the use of, or delete Personal Information as described above under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations.
Contact UsPlease feel free to contact us at the following if you have any feedback, questions, or complaints regarding this website, or if you have any other enquiries regarding personal information.
Address: Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building No. 1, Nishi-shinjuku 2-8-1, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Department in charge: Policy Coordination Department, Policy Coordination Division, Office of the Governor for Policy Planning, Tokyo Metropolitan Government